Terms & Conditions
By using this website you agree to be legally bound and to abide by the terms set out below. I reserve the right to modify, alter or update these terms & conditions without notice.
- Due to the fact that my products are made from natural soy wax, without any additives of preservatives, small imperfections are expected in the appearance of the final product. This is a characteristic of the ingredients I use and is not considered a fault.
- Wax colour options indicated on my website are an indication only, as every product is custom blended no 2 products will be the exact same, as small variations during the blending process may occur. Colours will turn out a more pastel version then what is shown on the website, to ensure the wax integrity stays intact. If you prefer a bolder colour please note that this will affect the appearance of the wax.
- Workshop tickets must be purchased from my website, a limited number of tickets is available for each session.
- There will be no refund if you do not show up to the workshop.
- If you wish to cancel your booking you must advise me of this 15days prior to the workshop date, a refund or attendance to a future workshop session may be provided.
- No refunds are given for cancellations closer than 15 days prior to the workshop, unless otherwise advised on your ticket.
- If a refund is provided, a $10 administration fee will be deducted from the amount due to be refunded.
- You may give your ticket to someone else, if you are unable to attend, however you must advise me of their name and contact details prior to the workshop starting, otherwise they may be refused entry and your ticket will become voided.
- Flame and Scent Ltd reserve the right to stop the workshop once it has commenced, or prior to commencement, if customer’s behaviour is a danger to the health and safety of other participants.
- Flame and Scent Ltd is not responsible for any injury to your person (mentally or physically), or damage to your property (for example, but not limited to; clothing/bags/vehicle) sustained during or as a result of the workshop or the products you create during the workshop.
- If Flame and Scent Ltd chooses to reschedule a workshop for any reason you will be given the choice to attend a future session or have the full ticket amount refunded. No administration fee will be deducted.
- This website contains personal opinions and is not intended to be used as medical advise
- All copyrights, trademarks, pictures and other intellectual property rights in the design, layout, wording and concepts of this website are reserved to Flame And Scent Ltd. With the exception of the pictures used on the ‘My Fragrances’ page, as per the disclaimer at the bottom of that page.
- If you receive a faulty product from me I will meet my obligations under the Consumers Guarantees Act and provide you with a refund or replacement. However please be advised that due to the fact I use natural ingredients and no additives or preservatives, my products may show small imperfections in the appearance of the wax, this is not considered to be a fault, but a characteristic of the ingredients I work with. An item is deemed faulty in my business if the glass or plastic packaging for the product itself has been damaged in such way that the product has become unsafe to use, and is not fit for purpose.
- You must notify me within 2 calendar days of any damage to your items that has occurred due to delivery, by using the contact form on my website, or by emailing me directly on email@example.com. A replacement or refund may be offered at my discretion. Photographic evidence of damage must be send to me in order for me to fairly assess the damage done, in some cases I may ask for the items to be returned to me before I can send a replacement or issue a refund. The cost of returning the product to me will be reimbursed to you once the product has been received by me, and a receipt for the postage costs must be provided to me.
- If I have sent you the wrong item, I will replace it at no cost to you. A digital photo must be sent to me, I may request for the item to be returned to me before I can send a replacement. The cost of returning the product to me will be reimbursed to you once the product has been received by me, and a receipt for the postage costs must be provided to me.
- Please note that due to the custom nature of all my products I do not accept returns for any other reason than damage done during delivery, or the incorrect product being sent to you. If you are unsure if you will like a fragrance I recommend you purchase a small size candle or tea light pack to try it out first.
- Flame And Scent Ltd accepts Visa & Mastercard credit cards as payment method for retail customers, through my online shop. Wholesale clients may pay via bank deposit. Credit Card Payments are processed via Stripe which is a highly secure provider; I do not see or store your credit card details anywhere in my system, please refer to their website for their terms and conditions: https://stripe.com/nz/privacy
- Products will not be shipped until full payment has been received. This applies to online orders, as well as wholesale orders that are paid via bank deposit.
- The prices noted on my website are in New Zealand dollars (NZD) and include Goods and Services Taxes (GST). Prices are for online orders only and are subject to change at any time without notice. Wholesale prices can be provided upon request to businesses wishing to purchase my items for resale or client/employee gifts. Prices will be valid for the time frame stated on the wholesale guide and will be honoured for any wholesale orders placed within that time period.
FREE DELIVERY POLICY
- Flame And Scent Ltd may offer free delivery on orders that are above a certain value. The value of the free postage threshold is subject to change without notice, the threshold will be stated at the top of my shop page, and if you meet the threshold it will be automatically applied to your order.
- Exceptions to Free Delivery Policy. Wholesale orders do not qualify for free delivery due to the discount they already receive on their order. Exceptions can be made at my discretion.
- Flame And Scent Ltd offers deliveries within New Zealand by courier. A delivery is interpreted as an attempted delivery by our chosen courier company, Pass The Parcel, please visit their website to see their Terms & Conditions: https://www.passtheparcel.co.nz/Policies/Carriage
- Flame And Scent Ltd does not accept liability for any delivery delay in the event there is no-one to receive the delivery at the delivery address. You may or may not be asked for a signature on delivery. If you are comfortable for the goods to be left if no-one is home, please state this on your order in the comments section and advise a safe & secure place for the order to be placed. It is at the courier’s discretion to not leave the goods if no one is home, unless you expressly ask for this to be done in the comment section.
- Flame And Scent Ltd does not accept any responsibility for theft or loss once goods are deemed as delivered.
- Your order will be posted to you within 7 calendar days of payment being received, however I have no control over how quickly the courier is able to deliver your order once it has left my premises. If the delivery details given by you are incorrect, and therefore affect delivery I may have to charge an additional delivery charge.
- If you have selected the incorrect delivery method and have therefore not paid sufficient postage, you may be asked to pay the difference before your order is shipped. If the opposite occurs and you have paid too much postage, you will be provided with a voucher for the value of the overpaid amount. This voucher will be valid for 1 month from issue date, after which is will become void and non-refundable.
NON-LIABILITY FOR USAGE OF PRODUCTS
- Once a product has been purchased and delivered, Flame And Scent Ltd can no longer be held responsible. It is the responsibility of the customer once they receive the product to ensure the product is used in a safe way. Safety guidelines are provided on packaging, where appropriate, or can be provided via email upon request.
CANCELLATION OF ORDERS
- To cancel an order, please send an email within 48 hours of the order being placed, with the order details to firstname.lastname@example.org . A refund will be offered, minus a $10 administration fee. Alternatively you can request for a different product to be send to you instead, the revised order must be of equal or lesser value then the original order, and you may select a different postal address if you wish. No refund will be given for the balance between the original order and revised order.
- Disclaimer of warranties and limitation of liability: this site is provided by Flame And Scent Ltd on an “as is” and “as available” basis. Flame And Scent Ltd cannot accept liability for any indirect loss, loss of enjoyment, loss of profit, loss of business, loss of goodwill or any other loss what-so-ever in connection with the operation of this website.
- This website may contain links to other websites on the Internet for other businesses that I work with. I am not responsible for the availability or content of those websites.
- You expressly agree that your use of this site is at your own risk, to the full extent permissible by applicable law. Flame And Scent Ltd cannot guarantee that this site, its servers, or e-mails sent are free of viruses or other harmful components.
- Flame And Scent Ltd accepts no responsibility and will not be liable for any damage, loss of income, or loss of business, arising from the use of this site or its products, including, but not limited to direct, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages.
- I collect your personal details for the purpose of being able to communicate with you regarding your order, you will also be added to our mailing list, however your details will never be shared or sold to any 3rd party.
- We may post feedback received from you on our social media and for use in promotions and other communication. Photos taken by me during workshops, and/or posted by you on social media may be used by Flame And Scent Ltd on my website/social media.
- By submitting your details in the subscribe form at the bottom of every page you consent to be added to my email list, you will be send newsletters and other special offers. You can unsubscribe from this email list at any time by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of the email, or by emailing us at email@example.com Please see MailChimp for their Terms & Conditions regarding the storing of your data submitted in the subscribe form: https://mailchimp.com/legal/
Flame and Scent Ltd uses server logs and web analytic tools, e.g. cookies. When visiting this website cookies may be used to collect information from you such as which browser and/or operating system you are using, as well as but not limited to: your ip address, search terms, location and duration you spend on our website. You can change the cookie settings in your browser to determine what kind of information we are able to collect, or to block cookies entirely. Please note that if you block cookies you may not be able to access/use all features on our website.
These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement and understanding of the parties and supersedes any previous agreement between the parties. They shall be governed by New Zealand law and the parties hereby agree to submit themselves to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of New Zealand Courts.
These Terms & Conditions were last updated in July 2018